Recalls for Household Products
The rubber stress balls can break into pieces when squeezed.
A steel pin in the shade's idler can become dislodged and cause the shade to fall, posing a risk of injury from impact.
The AC power cord sold with IdeaPad and Lenovo brand can overheat.
The MBED 3042 series residential meter breaker’s electrical components can be easily accessed, posing a shock hazard.
The battery packs can overcharge, overheat, bulge and melt. One fire reported.
A defective chip in certain alarm panels produced between 3/15/2014 – 6/20/2014 and used exclusively in commercial settings can cause premature battery failure and prevent activation of devices during alarm conditions.
The steering control arm component can break during normal use, causing driver to lose control and crash.
The rugs fail to meet federal standards or lack the required labeling.
AP Specialties Recalls Power Bank Chargers Due to Fire Hazard
The candles' high flame can ignite the surface of the wax.
Coaire and Quietside brand gas water heaters can overheat.
The motor in the air exchangers with and without heat recovery can overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
The fan’s wiring is not properly grounded, posing fire and electric shock hazards.
The chair can tip or recline too quickly, posing a fall hazard.
An accelerated circuit drain of the Visonic Amber MCT-212 GS LA S (315) ENR pendants and Visonic Amber Kits GS LA (315) KIT2 pendant battery can result in a shorter than expected “low battery” warning period, from 30 days down to a nine day warning period
When weight is applied to the storage bar, the screws holding the mounting plate can pull out of the bar allowing the storage bar to fall, posing an injury hazard.
The charger can overheat while in use, posing a fire hazard.
The Waterway Plastics Designer Pro Series model 640-52XX S suction covers can become disengaged. This poses an entrapment hazard.
Weld on the drive axle can fail resulting in loss of brake control, posing an injury hazard.
The nut securing the television to the main arm assembly can loosen causing television to become detached from the arm assembly, posing an impact hazard.
The folding table can collapse if someone sits on it, posing a falling hazard.
The cord system can fail to support the pendant's weight, causing it to fall.
The ground wire and probe wires could be incorrectly assembled in the units by the manufacturer, posing fire and explosion hazards.
The flexible, electrical conducting strip at the top of the heating element can break at the corners after multiple setups, posing an electrical fire hazard.
The Fiskars model 6954, titanium bypass loppers can break while in use. Eleven reports of incidents, some resulting in bruising and lacerations.
The engine control bail/lever on 3-in-1 high-wheel mowers with Honda GCV160 engines and a 21-inch deck can fail to stop the engine and blades.
The ignition module in 2012, 2013 and 2014 riding lawn mowers with 27-horsepower Kohler engines can fail to ground, overheat and melt.
The chair's seat can fail to stay attached to the frame and the chair can collapse.
The gas valve in the unit can leak, posing a fire hazard.
The Siemens SBGA-34 audible fire alarm base can fail to sound an alarm, posing a risk of personal injury and property damage.
The alarms could fail to alert consumers of a fire or CO incident after a power outage.
The rear frame support on 2014 Honda gasoline-powered 7,000-watt generators can fail during lifting. In addition, the owner’s manual has missing or duplicated pages.
The neck of the JVC Emerald Series flat panel television's stand can crack and cause the television to tip over unexpectedly. This poses a risk of injury to the consumer.
Water can enter the Air Innovations model MH-407 humidifiers and cause the circuit board to short circuit and overheat. This poses a fire hazard.
The plastic insulator inside the Pro Ambient Temperature Probes and Pro Meat Probes is not heat resistant and can melt and fall into food.
The Cottage Retreat II bunk bed's side mattress support rails can break.
The power cords on the units can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards.
The glass lens on the fixture can break, posing a laceration hazard.
The AC power cord can overheat, posing a potential fire and burn hazard.
Kids can open the chair’s zippers, crawl inside and suffocate and choke on the foam beads.
The Microhood's front canister can fall from the unit and fail to suppress the fire.
The bare-copper grounding lugs installed with SolarWorld Solar Systems can corrode, resulting in a faulty ground circuit. This poses a risk of shock, electrocution and fire.
The Whole Room Vortex heater, model VH110, can overheat and cause the units to melt, catch fire and ignite nearby items.
Radio frequency interference can cause the smoke detectors to fail.
High flames from the “DD” brand CoScentrix candles can ignite the surface wax and the polymer coating on the tin-plated container. This poses a fire hazard.
The 20-watt halogen bulb under the night stands can overheat, scorch carpet, and poses a burn hazard.
The stand assembly can fail on the VIZIO E-Series flat panel televisions and cause the television to tip over unexpectedly. This poses a risk of injury to the consumer
The footrest can crack, compromising the strength and stability of the bar stool, posing a fall hazard.
The 50-, 100-, 150-, 200- and 250-watt heaters are insufficiently grounded.
The torch handles can leak oxygen or fuel.
The "Lightolier" brand decorative glass lens can shatter and result in falling pieces of glass. This poses a risk of laceration.
The grinder's on/off switch can stick in the “On” position, posing a laceration hazard.
Hazards can include fire, burn, shock, expelled parts, falls and skin irritation depending on the product.
The metal stand supporting the dispenser can break.
The footrest on the Pottery Barn "Donovan" style bar stool can break. This poses a fall hazard to the user.
Mounted plug blades, and inadequate electronic circuitry create a fire and electrical shock hazard to consumers.
The rear legs of the chair can break, posing a fall hazard.
The LED bulbs can overheat and fall onto consumers below.
The 100 caplet container is not child-resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. These products contain acetaminophen which is required to be sealed with child-resistant packaging.
The power adaptors/chargers can overheat and pose a burn risk to consumers.
The sheath on the Master Cutlery MTech USA Karambit neck knife can fail to hold the knife securely. This can allow the knife to fall out of the sheath, posing a laceration hazard to the consumer.
Ban.do, Jonathan Adler and Lilly Pulitzer branded charging kits can overheat and emit smoke and sparks. The prongs on the wall charger can detach and remain in the electrical outlet.
Handles on the router bases are not insulated, which can pose a risk of electrical shock.
The computers’ lithium-ion batteries can overheat.